NIE is part of the steering group for My Cambridge. We aim for every young person in Cambridge should be able to confidently construct their own cultural life, drawing on and feeling connected to the whole of the city in which they live.
We promote the following objectives through our work with local partners:
Children and young people are able to take the lead in developing their cultural lives
· Development of Arts Award is prioritised across Cambridge.
· Practical routes for children and young people to take the lead are developed.
· Schools and arts and cultural organisations commit to enabling young people to take the lead.
Arts and cultural environment is highly visible and easy to access
· Long term relationships between schools and arts and cultural organisations are established.
· Arts and cultural organisations co-ordinate information and communication with schools (on-line and face to face).
·Activity outside traditional venues is prioritised.
Institutions, adults and young people understand and are committed to the importance of arts and culture for children and young people
· Decision-makers are given the right knowledge and tools to make effective decisions.
· The diversity of arts and cultural activity enjoyed by young people is recognised and respected.
· Effective local research is taking place.
If you are interested in working with us, please contact Cat Moore.
Stay connected by getting our latest news and events straight to your email.